Welcome fellow equestrian
Are you looking for more fun with your horse? Are you looking for partnership and friendship with your horse? Do you wish you could train and ride your horse without a whip, spurs and other training aids? In other words, do you want to have a click with your horse?
What has HippoLogic to offer?
HippoLogic will teach you to:
- Train your own horse in ethical and horse friendly ways
- Implement a force-free training method in your own method
- Set goals & achieve them
- Connect with and understand your horse and his behaviour
I offer online personal coaching for equestrians all over the world.
Sandra Poppema-HippoLogic is featured in:
Who am I and what is my story?
My name is Sandra Poppema, B.Sc. I am a certified riding instructor, horse behaviourist & horse trainer. I help passionate horse lovers transition from traditional riding and training methods to the most ethical and horse friendly way of training I found in 35+ years in the horse world.
I chose the name HippoLogic because 'Hippo' means horse and 'Logic' means science in ancient Greek. My force-free training method is based on science and my decades of experience in riding and training horses and teaching riding lessons.
I have loved horses all my life. My biggest dream always was to find a way to connect with horses in a non-intrusive way. I was always looking for a meaningful relationship, a friendship, rather than getting results or winning trophies at my horses costs.
My journey in a nutshell
My journey in horse training and riding started very traditional in a riding school. Then I found natural horsemanship and thought this was the way to friendship and partnership with my horse.
It was only when l found positive reinforcement training (clicker training) that I finally felt like I had 'arrived' at my destination to find the most friendly, most ethical and most effective way to train horses.
Benefits of HippoLogic's method
The fact horses change in a positive way show that horses like this method too.
- Show more eagerness to start their training
- Become more willing to learn and to please their owner
- Approaching their owner instead of walking away in the pasture
- Show more trust in their rider
- Want to be haltered or bridled
- Start to click with their owners!
My own horse Kyra was born in the wild and I tamed her and trained her myself with reward-based horse training. Kyra changed from a feral filly into a horse that seeks out human contact and is eager to work with people.
In just three weeks she changed from an anxious, stressed yearling into a horse that I could approach, trust, groom, clean hooves and take care of her wounded leg and lead over the premises. Trust and friendship were founded with clicker training, in other words: we clicked!
If you want to learn more about my force-free, horse friendly training method, follow my blog on WordPress. Every week I will publish an article about positive reinforcement horse training, tips for riders, how to achieve your equestrian goals and more.
What can you find on this website?
- Scroll down to sign up for the mailinglist and stay tuned for news and offers.
- Visit the About Me page to learn about my background and to see what clients say about me.
- Go to my Service page if you want to work with me in order to achieve your equestrian goals and bond with your horse. I also offer some free services.