Most horse lovers like to decorate their stalls in December and bring some Christmas spirit into their barn. For years I wanted to have a horse wreath but I thought this would be very complicated. Until I decided to go for it! It turned out to be only a 30- minute (no mess) Do-It-Yourself project.
This project is great for adult horse lovers and is also very suitable for children (supervised). You can make this wreath in 6 simple steps. You can find the instruction video at the end of this blog.
Supplies for your Horse Wreath
- Two metal coat hangers (frame)
- Chenille stems (frame)
- Guirlande (garland 2,4 metres)
- Glitter flower decoration (eye)
- Glitter pinnacle decoration (mane)
- Ribbon (bridle)
- Wreath hanger
Instructions (6 simple steps)
1. Straighten the coat hangers with pliers.
2. Shape the hangers into a horse head.
3. Make a frame with the chenille stems to attach the guirlande onto.
4. Cut the guirlande into the length of the frame and weave it through the chenille stem frame.
5. Make an eye from the floral decoration and attach the wire to the frame.
6. Form the mane from the glitter pinnacles. Make a bridle with coloured ribbon or a golden garland.
People send me lots of pictures of their projects and I loved this one: a donkey wreath! Isn’t that adorable? Look at this picture from “Fans of Little Eddie and Friends” on Facebook
Share your project with me in my Facebook group!
More DIY projects:
- DIY personalize your clicker
- Quick and easy way to clean all your Velcro
- DIY reflection halter
- Make your own target stick
- DIY Healthy Horse Treats
Join my free Clicker Course ‘Click With Your Horse’
Sandra Poppema, BSc
I teach horse people to connect with their horse in training, so they get results and the relationship they want with their beloved horse. Make training win-win!