The aim of this month’s Challenge is to practise training a behaviour sequence. Behaviours we train are:
- Ground tying
- Teach your horse to respond to his name and come when being called\
- Send your horse away from you without pressure
- Teach your horse to target, stand, move towards you and away from you
Rules of HippoLogic Clicker Challenges
- Everything has to be taught with positive reinforcement only (that’s why it’s called a Clicker Challenge)
- You can use whatever bridge signal you prefer, it doesn’t have to be a clicker
- During the training phase you are allowed to click and reinforce/use keep-going signals/encourage your horse verbally as much as you need
- During the training phase you are allowed to use props (like a target stick, mat, cone) to help your horse understand your criteria. You can fade these out in the final stage and before you film your final video.
- Punishment and negative reinforcement are not allowed!
- Share videos of your results in our secret FB group (not mandatory, but it’s very helpful to get feedback and coaching is included!)
- In your final video (last day to admit is on day 14) you are allowed to bridge and reinforce once
- The final video must be: one take, no editing (you may shorten the video)
Choose your level
There are 4 levels of difficulty:
- Purple level for novice horses and clicker trainers who just started
- Green level for (still) horses or trainers that are still new at clicker training
- Blue level for advanced clicker horses and trainers
- Red level for expert clicker horses and expert clicker trainers.