This is one of the best ideas I learned from Pinterest. It is called The Good Things Jar and it said:
“Start the year with an empty jar and fill it with notes about good things that happen. On New Years Eve, empty it and see what awesome stuff happened that year.”
Since I am really an advocate of emphasizing positive things in horse training and riding, I bought a little notebook with cheerful colored pages and a pencil. I choose a pencil because they never fail to write on damp paper, and my tack locker can be damp in Winter.
Then, whenever I achieved one of my training goals and every time I had an awesome training session I took a minute to write it down on a paper and put it in my jar. I just started. My jar is now only filled 1/4, but next year…. it will be very full!
It’s so much fun to start ever quarter by looking back and remembering all the good things that happened with you and your horse. The more you’ll focus on the Positive, the more Positive things will happen! I call this my Jar of Success.
Happy New Year dear horse friendsies!
Read more: 4 Easy Ways to Start a Training Journal
Join our Community!
- Do you want to befriend your horse and get 100% mutual trust and understanding?
- Have more fun with your horse and do the things you’ve always wanted to do together?
- Do you want to turn your equestrian dreams into reality, but you don’t know where to start?
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of the above questions join the HippoLogic Clicker Training Academy and start enhancing the bond with your horse in training.
Join our community for online positive reinforcement training tips, personal advice and support in training your horse.
Sandra Poppema, B.Sc.
I help horse owners get the results in training they really, really want with joy and easy for both horse and human. I always aim for win-win!
Sign up for my weekly emails here: HippoLogic’s website.
Start for free!
Book a free 60 minute Self Assessment for Equine Clicker Training to get a glimpse of a new future with your horse. In this conversation we’ll explore:
- Would you like to know where you’re at in your Equine Clicker Training journey?
- Would you like to find out what is holding you back from achieving your dreams with your horse?
- Do you want to know your strong points and discover the holes in your training, so you know what to focus on?
You’ll have a clear action plan after taking this free assessment.
Book your Assessment here.
PS By booking your assessment you give permission to add your email to my mailing list so that I can send you the assessment worksheet.